Your request for the insurance company to pay you an amount under the terms of your policy for a covered peril.
Notice to an insurance company that a loss has occurred which may be covered under the terms and conditions of the policy.
Your request for the insurance company to pay you an amount under the terms of your policy.
A request for reimbursement for damages on an insured loss. Your claims to your company are first-party claims. Claims made by one person against another person's company are known as third-party claims.
- Browse Related Terms: Adjuster, Agency, claim, Claimant, Claims Adjuster, Covered Expenses, Deductible, Insured, Insurer, Limits, Loss, Occurrence, Settlement
Also listed in:
- All > Business > Finance > Insurance > Homeowners Insurance
- All > Business > Finance > Personal Finance
- All > Healthcare > Health Insurance
- All > Law > Bankruptcy
- All > Law > Common Legal Terms
- All > Law > Intellectual Property > Patent
- All > Technology > Operating System > Microsoft Windows > Microsoft Windows Server