- Browse Related Terms: AJ, BM/C 3 WG, CY, FAX, g, GP, IAW, IG, InSb, Kts, Li, Link-18, MB, Mbps, MY, O/A, PtSi, Pu, pW, Titan, TNT, USAMSIC, W, w/o, WG, WMF, WON, XCVR
Also listed in:
The Soviet Anti-Ballistic Missile system built to defend Moscow from missile attack.
- Browse Related Terms: AEGIS BMD, Defended area coverage Defended Asset List (DAL), Defense Employment Option (DEO), Engagement, Galosh, Global Protection Against Limited Strikes (GPALS), Limited Defense System (LDS), Long Lead Items Long Range Air Launched Target (LRALT), National Warning Center (NWC), Preconditions for Defense (PD), Preplanned Response Options (PRO), Strategic Defense, Theater Missile (TM)
Electromagnetic radiation resulting from nuclear transitions. Although incorrect, high-energy radiation, particularly bremsstrahlung , is sometimes referred to as gamma radiation.
Also listed in:
A laser which generates a beam of gamma rays; also called a graser . A gamma-ray laser, if developed, would be a type of x-ray laser; although it would employ nuclear reactions, it need not (but might) employ nuclear fission or fusion reactions or explosions.
- Browse Related Terms: ALBCS, Free Electron Laser (FEL), Gamma-Ray Laser, Laser Designator, Laser Detection and Ranging (LADAR), Laser Imaging Radar, Laser Optics, Laser Target Designating System, MBA, MBE, SLBD, X-Ray Laser (XRL)
Gallium Nitride Microwave Power Amplifiers. (A demonstration program to develop GaN based transistors and integrated circuits for power amplifiers in systems such as Ground Based Radar. Goal is to reduce total weight and size by a factor of 10).
- Browse Related Terms: ASIC, CCTV, GaNMPA, GVSC, IC, LSI, MMIC, TIC, VHSIC, VLSIC
General Accounting Office.
- Browse Related Terms: AJPO, APO, Ballistic Missile Defense Organization Cost Position (BCP), CBO, CMO, COR, COTR, EOP, GAO, GOSG, GPO, JPO, JTPO, LNO, OLA, OMA, OPR, PEO, PEO (SC/AP), Phase One Engineering Team (POET), PO, POE, Pro, Program Element Monitor (PEM), Program Executive Officer (PEO), Project Office, SSPO, System Program Office (SPO), TPO, XO
Government Acceptance Testing.
- Browse Related Terms: AGT, ATA, CALM, CTD, CTN, DT/OT, FAT, FCT, Functional Testing, GAT, GTA, Hardware-in-the- Loop (HWIL), HWILT, IS&T, JITC, JT, KTP, National Test Bed (NTB), NBTS, NDT, OT, PVT, REX/TTG, STR, TAAF, TDCC, Test and Control, Test Criteria, Test Validity, TRR, TTT, UGT, WTR
An element that contained a node on the SDS backbone network as well as on some other network(s) and would have performed protocol and format conversions necessary to accept messages from one network and retransmit them on the other.
Also listed in:
GPS (Global Positioning System)-Aided Targeting System.
- Browse Related Terms: Air Defense Artillery, ATHS, ATR, Centralized Control, Coordinated Engagement Planning/Actions, Fire Control, GATS, Hardness, JTOC, Multiple Intercept Defense, Observable, OMT, Pre-Commit Strategy, RADAR, REACT, Reprogrammable Time, Semi-Active Homing Guidance, SLAT, Smart Munitions, Target Discrimination, Target Resolution, TDD, Terminal Guidance, Tom, TOT, TOTS, TRADEX, Trajectory Histories
(1) Ground-Based. (2) Gigabyte.
- Browse Related Terms: Ballistic Missile Defense Battery, GB, GBDL, GBEV, GBHE, GBHRG, GBL, GBLD, GBLRS, GBOS, GBPST, GBR, GBR-M, GBR-O, GBR-P, GBR-T, GBRF, GBRT, GBS, GEDI, GEODSS, Ground-Based Defense, NMD GBR, Regional Operations Center (ROC), Relay Mirror, TIR, TMD GBR