All > Technology > Programming > Java
- Information passed to a method. Arguments are also sometimes called parameters. A method expecting to receive arguments must contain a formal argument declaration for each as part of its method header. When a method is called, the actual argument values are copied into the corresponding formal arguments.
David J. Barnes - Cite This Source - This Definition
- A data item specified in a method call. An argument can be a literal value, a variable, or an expression.
Sun Microsystems - Cite This Source - This Definition
- actual argument, command-line argument, formal argument, instanceof, message passing, method header, method signature
- A piece of data supplied to a program, "subroutine", "function", or "method" to tell it what it's supposed to do. Also called a "parameter".
Perl - Cite This Source - This Definition
- actual arguments, call by reference, call-by-value, formal arguments, function, parameter, prototype, subroutine, variadic
- An independent variable. 2. Any value of an independent variable. Note: Examples of arguments include search keys, numbers that identify the location of a data item in a table, and the θ in sin θ.
ATIS - Cite This Source - This Definition
- blue-screening, exhaustive attack, immediate activation, linear key