All > Science > Climate Change
- Dew point (dew-point temperature) The temperature to which a given parcel of air must be cooled at constant pressure and constant water-vapor content in order for saturation to occur. When this temperature is below 0 °C, it is called the frost point.
NSIDC - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Absolute humidity, Air mass, Air pollutant, Humidity, Psychrometric tables, Relative humidity, Specific humidity, Unstable air
- The temperature to which air with a given quantity of water vapor must be cooled to cause condensation of the vapor in the air.
Bureau of Reclamation - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Cavitation damage, Condensation, DEW, evaporation, snow, Steam, Water saturation
- (Abbrev. DWPT) - A measure of atmospheric moisture. It is the temperature to which air must be cooled in order to reach saturation (assuming air pressure and moisture content are constant). A higher dew point indicates more moisture present in the air. It is sometimes referred to as Dew Point Temperature, and sometimes written as one word (Dewpoint).
NOAA National Weather Service - Cite This Source - This Definition
- DEW, Dew Point Depression, DP, DWPT, Moisture, Moisture Ridge, MSTR, Residual Moisture