All > Science > Climate Change
- the process by which molecules of a liquid become a gas.
NCDC National Climatic Data Center - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Evaporation The physical process by which a liquid or solid substance is transformed to the gaseous state; the opposite of condensation. In meteorology, evaporation usually is restricted in use to the change of water from liquid to gas, while sublimation is used to the change from solid to gas as well as from gas to solid.
NSIDC - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Coal gasification, Coal liquefaction, Condensation, Municipal Solid Waste (MSW), Parts Per Billion (ppb), Parts Per Million (ppm), Sublimation
- Water vapor losses from water surfaces, sprinkler irrigation, and other related factors. Loss of water to the atmosphere. The process by which water is changed from a liquid into a vapor. Water from land areas, bodies of water, and all other moist surfaces is absorbed into the atmosphere as a vapor.
Bureau of Reclamation - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Cavitation damage, Condensation, DEW, Dew point, snow, Steam, Water saturation