All > Technology > Storage
- "Host Bus Adapter", connects a host system (the computer) toother network and storage devices.
Abtech Systems - Cite This Source - This Definition
- An adapter card that includes all of the I/O logic, software, and processing to manage the transfer of information between the host computer's bus and the Fibre Channel loop.
Adaptec - Cite This Source - This Definition
- The card that fits into a computer, server, or mainframe that links it via Fibre Channel or SCSI to a storage device or storage network.
Byte and Switch - Cite This Source - This Definition
- An acronym for Host Bus Adapter, an interface card which plugs into the computer's bus and connects it to the network
HP - Cite This Source - This Definition
- The HBA is the intelligent hardware residing on the host server which controls the transfer of data between the host and the target storage device.
Microsoft - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Host Bus Adapter. Any hardware bridge between a storage interconnect and a system's I/O bus.
NetApp - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Active Negation, Active Termination, auto-terminatation, Bus, Bus Mastering, HBA, host bus adapter (HBA), PCI, PCI (Peripheral Component Interconnect), PCI-X (Peripheral Component Interconnect Extended), Termination