All > Science > Biotechnology and Genetics > Food Biotechnology
- A value or measurement that varies with circumstances, and is used as a reference to quantify a situation or a process.
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - Cite This Source - This Definition
- biometry, correlation, deviation, expected progeny difference, lod score, mean, median, spatial autocorrelation statistics, Standard deviation, standard error, Variance
- Parameter 1) A term used loosely by many meteorologists for almost any meteorological quantity or element. 2) An arbitrary constant or variable so appearing in a mathematical expression that changing it gives various cases of the phenomenon represented.
NSIDC - Cite This Source - This Definition
- anomaly, Average value, Climate, Climate variability, field, Grid, inversion, Meteorological element, Meteorology, Upper atmosphere, Weather, World Meteorological Organization program
- A subset of the group of evaluations that constitute each element of an observation.
NOAA National Weather Service - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Air Transportable Mobile Unit, Barograph, Blowing, isochrone, MAREP, MAROB, OBS, Reconnaissance Code, Voluntary Observing Ship Program, VOS
- See argument.
David J. Barnes - Cite This Source - This Definition
- actual parameter, actual parameter list, formal parameter, formal parameter list, initialization parameter