- Lining up a forms image to determine which fields are where. Also, entering pages into a scanner such that they are correctly read.
AmDoc - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Duplex, Duplex Scanners vs. Double-Sided Scanning, End Document Number or End Doc#, PAGE, Simplex, Unitization Physical and Logical
Federal registration of trademarks involves the establishment of rights in a mark based on legitimate use of the mark. Although federal registration of trademarks is not required to use a trademark, owning a federal trademark registration has several advantages, including notice to the public of the registrant's claim of ownership of the mark, a legal presumption of ownership nationwide, the exclusive right to use the mark on or in connection with the goods or services set forth in the registration, the ability to bring an action concerning the mark in federal court, the use of the U.S. registration as a basis to obtain registration in foreign countries, and the ability to file the U.S. registration with the U.S. Customs Service to prevent importation of infringing foreign goods.
-- see International Intellectual Property for links to enforcement assistance
USPTO - Cite This Source - This Definition
- application (trademark), certificate of registration, intent to use, Madrid Protocol, Principal Register, specimen, supplemental register, use-based application, use in commerce
- The process of informing a search engine or directory that a new web page or web site should be indexed.
I-Search Digest - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Mod_rewrite, Re-submission, Resubmission, Rewrite, URL Rewrite, URL Submission
- The process through which a party applies to become a subscriber of a Credentials Service Provider (CSP) and a Registration Authority validates the identity of that party on behalf of the CSP.
NIST - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Credential, Credentials Service Provider (CSP), Electronic Credentials, Identity Proofing, Personal Identity Verification Card (PIV Card), Personal Identity Verification Registration Authority, Registration Authority (RA), Relying Party, Subject, Subscriber
- The accurate positioning of, or the degree of accuracy in the positioning of, an entity relative to (a) another entity, or (b) an independent frame of reference. Note: For example, in color graphics applications involving the superposition of several colored rasters, such as in a CRT display, good registration (usually termed "convergence" in this context) is of paramount importance if the resulting image is not to have false colors, especially around the edges of objects. 2. In telephony, see FCC registration program. 3. In computer networking, the official assignment of a name (Internet Protocol address) to an information object or device, in a way that makes the assignment unduplicated anywhere else in the network and makes the device available for other devices to communicate with. [2382-pt.35]
ATIS - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Domain, epoch date, Object-Oriented, Robot, script