All > Technology > Programming > Java
- A Java keyword used to evaluate a variable that can later be matched with a value specified by the
casekeyword in order to execute a group of statements.
Sun Microsystems - Cite This Source - This Definition
- branch instruction, Case, case sensitive, default, else, IF
- An option you give on a command line to influence the way your program works, usually introduced with a minus sign. The word is also used as a nickname for a "switch statement".
Perl - Cite This Source - This Definition
- autosplit, bundle, FLAG, switch cluster, switch statement, tainted
- An intelligent device residing on the network responsible for directing data from the source (such as a server) or sources directly to a specific target device (such as a specific storage device) with minimum delay. Switches differ in their capabilities; a director class switch, for example, is a high end switch that provide advanced management and availability features.
Microsoft - Cite This Source - This Definition
- DAFS, Direct Access File System (DAFS), edge device, NIC (Network Interface Card), VI (Virtual Interface), virtual interface (VI)
- In communications systems, a mechanical, electro-mechanical, or electronic device for making, breaking, or changing the connections in or among circuits. 2. Deprecated synonym for central office, switching center. 3. In communications systems, to transfer a connection from one circuit to another. 4. In a computer program, a conditional instruction and a flag that is interrogated by the instruction. 5. In a computer program, a parameter that controls branching and that is bound, prior to the branch point being reached. Synonym switchpoint. 6. In computer programming, a programming technique or statement for making a selection, such as a conditional jump. 7. In computer software applications, a functional unit, such as a toggle button, used to make selections.
ATIS - Cite This Source - This Definition
- disconnect, disconnect switch, electronic switching system (ESS), ESS, horn gap switch, photonic switching, released loop, rotary hunting, rotary switching