- A special exemption of a zoning law to allow the property to be used in a manner different from an existing law.
US Department of Housing and Urban Development - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Building Code, Manufactured home, Manufactured Housing, Mobile home
- The amount of deviation from the expectation you can expect. The house edge on a bet.
Blackjack Hero - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Expectation, Expected Win Rate, Fluctuation, Insurance, Rated, Risk of ruin, Standard deviation, Win rate
- A measure of the up and down swings your bankroll goes through. Variance is not necessarily a measure of how well you play. However, the higher your variance, the wider swings you'll see in your bankroll.
Lee Jones - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Center Pot, Family Pot, foul, Heads up, Muck, Short Stack, Side Pot, Split Pot
- A statistical term representing a measure of the dispersion of data from the overall mean. Used to quantify the variability of a population.
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - Cite This Source - This Definition
- biometry, correlation, deviation, expected progeny difference, lod score, mean, median, parameter, spatial autocorrelation statistics, Standard deviation, standard error
- A measure of variability.
NOAA National Weather Service - Cite This Source - This Definition
- correlation, GRAD, gradient, Salinity (SAL)
- In statistics, in a population of samples, the mean of the squares of the differences between the respective samples and their mean, expressed mathematically as:
where n is the number of samples, xi is the value of sample i, is the mean of the samples, and 2 is the variance. Note: The square root of the variance, , is the standard deviation.
ATIS - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Allan variance, eye pattern, silence code, two-sample deviation