All > Business > Real Estate
- The ability of local governments to specify the use of private property in order to control development within designated areas of land. For example, some areas of a neighborhood may be designated only for residential use and others for commercial use such as stores, gas stations, etc.
Ginnie Mae - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Local laws established to control the uses of land within a particular area. Zoning laws are used to separate residential land from areas of non-residential use, such as industry or businesses. Zoning ordinances include many provisions governing such things as type of structure, setbacks, lot size, and uses of a building.
US Department of Housing and Urban Development - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Ground Rent, Land rent
- Identification of areas of specified uses or restrictions.
Bureau of Reclamation - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Inundate, Outlet works tower, Sink
- A method used to restrict server access to storage resources that are not allocated to that server. Zoning is similar to LUN masking, but is implemented in the switch and operates on the basis of port identification (either port numbers on the switch or by WWPN of the attached initiators and targets).
Microsoft - Cite This Source - This Definition
- command device, LUN (Logical Unit Number), LUN Masking, SRM (Storage Resource Management), Storage Consolidation, Storage Virtualization, target, UCB (Unit Control Block), Unified Block and File Architecture, virtualization