All > Science > Biotechnology and Genetics > Food Biotechnology
- The diploid cell formed by the fusion of two haploid gamete s during fertilization in eukaryotic organisms with sexual reproduction.
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - Cite This Source - This Definition
- A fertilized oocyte.
USDA CSREES - Cite This Source - This Definition
- androgenesis, asexual propagation, egg, fertilization, germ line gene therapy, karyogamy, polyspermy, pro-nucleus, Pronucleus, reproduction, Sexual reproduction
- The cell that results from the union of sperm and egg during fertilization. Cell division begins after the zygote forms.
ISSCR - Cite This Source - This Definition
- The diploid cell that results from the fertilization of an egg cell by a sperm cell.
The President's Council on Bioethics - Cite This Source - This Definition
- A cell formed by the union of male and female germ cells (sperm and egg, respectively).
DHHS - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Egg cylinder, Haploid human cell, in vitro fertilization, In vitro fertilization (IVF), Meiosis, oocyte, parthenogenesis, Polar Body, syngamy