Research and Development.
- Browse Related Terms: AGARD, AID, B Spec, CDD, CED, Contract Work Breakdown Structure, D&D, DEV ENV, Engineering Development Model, Engineering Development Model Enhanced Target Delivery System (ETDS), EWDA, FFRDC, FSD, Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), IR&D, IRAD, Material Fielding Plan, Missile Defense National Team (MDNT), NCDD, NDD, NRaD, PDL, R&D, RDA, RDC, SDL, SDP, Support Software, TBD
A substance that is being studied as a treatment for cancer. It belongs to the family of drugs called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
- Browse Related Terms: ABT-751, acitretin, alanosine, annamycin, atamestane, BAY 56-3722, BAY 59-8862, BBR 2778, BBR 3464, beta alethine, BL22 immunotoxin, budesonide, CC-8490, cevimeline, darbepoetin alfa, E7070, E7389, eflornithine, EP-2101, EPO906, epratuzumab, ERA-923, everolimus, gabapentin, GTI-2040, halofuginone hydrobromide, ibandronate, lometrexol, lutetium texaphyrin, MLN2704, MLN591DM1, modafinil, motexafin lutetium, nimustine, OGX-011, perifosine, perillyl alcohol, phenobarbital, phenylbutyrate, PI-88, pirfenidone, pixantrone, PV701, pyrazoloacridine, R-flurbiprofen, ravuconazole, rebeccamycin, retinyl palmitate, rhizoxin, RPR 109881A, SDX-102, SGN-00101, SJG-136, staurosporine, suramin, T900607, talotrexin, taurolidine, triamcinolone, trimetrexate glucuronate, ursodiol, velafermin, vitamin E, XRP9881, zileuton
A class of plant genes conferring resistance to a specific strain (or group of strains) of a particular pathogen. Their primary function is to sense the presence of the pathogen and to trigger the defence pathways in the plant. R genes have been cloned from a number of plant species.
- Browse Related Terms: albinism, chlorosis, cytochrome, disease-free, graft inoculation test, Immunity, inoculate, pathovar, phytopathogen, R genes, rust, source organism
For a basic rate access in an ISDN environment, the interfacing specifications covering pre-ISDN standards (e.g., EIA-232C).
- Browse Related Terms: attachment unit interface (AUI), medium interface connector (MIC), medium interface point (MIP), message register leads, originating connection, R interface, S interface, S reference point, T-interface, terminal adapter, Trunk Gateway, U reference point, V reference point, wireline access mode
- Browse Related Terms: anneal, cot curve, Cross-hybridization, D loop, denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis, DNA hybridization, double-stranded DNA, fold-back, hairpin loop, heteroduplex analysis, Hybridization, inverted repeat, polymerase chain reaction, R-loops, renaturation, Renature, single-strand conformational polymorphism, Stringency
R-squared is a statistical measurement that determines the proportion of a security's return, or the return on a specific portfolio of securities, that can be explained by variations in the stock market, as measured by a benchmark index.
For example, an r-squared of 0.08 shows that 80% of a security's return is the result of changes in the market - specifically that 80% of its gains are due to market gains and 80% of its losses are due to market losses. The other 20% are the result of factors particular to the security itself.
- Browse Related Terms: Consensus recommendation, index, Inflation rate, Overvaluation, R-squared, Real rate of return, Russell 1000 Index, Russell 2000 Index, screen, Standard deviation
A form of tissue plasminogen activator that is made in the laboratory. It helps dissolve blood clots and is used to treat heart attacks, strokes, and clots in the lungs. It is also being studied in the treatment of cancer. It is a type of systemic thrombolytic agent. Also called Activase, Alteplase, and recombinant tissue plasminogen activator.
- Browse Related Terms: Activase, Alteplase, r-tPA, recombinant tissue plasminogen activator, tissue plasminogen activator
A measure of the capacity of a material to resist heat transfer. The R-Value is the reciprocal of the conductivity of a material (U-Value). The larger the R-Value of a material, the greater its insulating properties.
- Browse Related Terms: Active Cooling, Booster Pump, Closed Cycle, Coil, Hot Water Heating Systems, R-Value, Radiant Floor, Stirling Engine, U-Value (see Coefficient of Heat Transmission)