An agent or broker is a person or business who can help you apply for help paying for coverage and enroll you in a Qualified Health Plan (QHP) through the Marketplace. They can make specific recommendations about which plan you should enroll in. They’re also licensed and regulated by states and typically get payments, or commissions, from health insurers for enrolling a consumer into an issuer’s plans. Some agents and brokers may only be able to sell plans from specific health insurers.
In the insurance industry, an agent is appointed by an insurance company to sell insurance policies. The agent represents the insurance company, not the insured.
Also listed in:
- All > Business > Banking
- All > Business > Finance > Insurance > Auto Insurance
- All > Business > Finance > Insurance > Homeowners Insurance
- All > Business > Finance > Personal Finance
- All > Business > Finance > Personal Finance > Mortgage
- All > Law > Bankruptcy
- All > Technology > E-mail > Lotus Domino
- All > Technology > E-mail > Microsoft Email > Microsoft Exchange > Microsoft Exchange 2007
- All > Technology > Programming > Java
- All > Technology > Security
- All > Technology > Storage
- All > Technology > Telecommunications
- All > Travel > Visa