- The process by which access to a method or resource is determined. Authorization depends on the determination of whether the principal associated with a request through authentication is in a given security role. A security role is a logical grouping of users defined by the person who assembles the application. A deployer maps security roles to security identities. Security identities may be principals or groups in the operational environment.
See access control.
Also listed in:
- All > Business > Banking
- All > Business > Finance > Personal Finance
- All > Law > US Legislature
- All > Science > Water
- All > Technology > Collaboration > SharePoint
- All > Technology > Operating System > Microsoft Windows > Microsoft Windows Server > Microsoft Active Directory
- All > Technology > Security
- All > Technology > Telecommunications