All > Technology > Programming > Java
- An instance of a particular class. In general, any number of objects may be constructed from a class definition (see singleton, however). The class to which an object belongs defines the general characteristics of all instances of that class. Within those characteristics, an object will behave according to the current state of its attributes and environment.
David J. Barnes - Cite This Source - This Definition
- The principal building blocks of object-oriented programs. Each object is a programming unit consisting of data (instance variables) and functionality (instance methods). See also class.
Sun Microsystems - Cite This Source - This Definition
- class method, constructor, immutable object, Instance, instance method, instantiation, object construction, string
Also listed in:
- All > Technology > E-mail > Microsoft Email > Microsoft Exchange > Microsoft Exchange 2003
- All > Technology > E-mail > Microsoft Email > Microsoft Exchange > Microsoft Exchange 5.5
- All > Technology > Knowledge Management > Semantic Web
- All > Technology > Operating System > Microsoft Windows > Microsoft Windows Server > Microsoft Active Directory
- All > Technology > Parallel Computing > Cloud Computing > Amazon Web Services > Amazon S3
- All > Technology > Programming > Perl
- All > Technology > Security
- All > Technology > Telecommunications