All > Medicine > Cancer
- A type of cancer that forms from cells in the blood and bone marrow, including leukocytes or white blood cells that help the body fight infections and other diseases.
ATSDR: Agency for Toxic Substances & Disease Registry - Cite This Source - This Definition
- (loo-KEE-mee-uh) Cancer that starts in blood-forming tissue such as the bone marrow and causes large numbers of blood cells to be produced and enter the bloodstream.
National Cancer Institute - Cite This Source - This Definition
- acute leukemia, chronic, chronic eosinophilic leukemia, chronic granulocytic leukemia, chronic leukemia, chronic myelogenous leukemia, chronic myeloid leukemia, chronic myelomonocytic leukemia, chronic neutrophilic leukemia, chronic pain, cirrhosis, CML, CMML, myelomonocyte, myeloproliferative disorder
- (loo-kee'mee-uh) a progressive, malignant disease of the blood-forming organs, characterized by distorted proliferation and development of leukocytes and their precursors in the blood and bone marrow.
DoD Breast Health Program South - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Negative, Palliative, Positive, Proliferative, prophylactic, Stereotactic