All > Technology > Records Management
- qualities that are necessary to provide the trustworthiness, reliability, and authenticity of a record and that can be used to prove or disprove a fact
See also administrative value, fiscal value, historical value, intrinsic value, legal value, and value.
ARMA - Cite This Source - This Definition
- The value of agency records, which provide documentation of its organization and functioning.
State of California - Cite This Source - This Definition
- the inherent usefulness and reliability of a record as legal, fiscal, or historical evidence.
Tennessee State Library and Archives - Cite This Source - This Definition
- In appraisal, the value of a record that documents the activities of an organization or agency.
State of Utah - Cite This Source - This Definition
- administrative value, archival value, commercial value, enduring value, fiscal value, historical value, Information, informational value, Intrinsic value, legal value, long-term record, market value, monetary value, oral history, permanent record, permanent value, research value, shelf life, transitory record, Value