All > Technology > Records Management
- determination that records possess value in documenting the history of an organization and are thus worthy of permanent preservation
See also administrative value, evidential value, fiscal value, intrinsic value, legal value, and value.
ARMA - Cite This Source - This Definition
- The usefulness of records for historical research concerning the agency of origin or for information about persons, places, events or things. See also research value.
State of California - Cite This Source - This Definition
- the usefulness of a record for the purpose of understanding history. See evidential value, informational value, intrinsic value.
Tennessee State Library and Archives - Cite This Source - This Definition
- In appraisal, the value that documents the history of an organization. Sometimes referred to as archival, continuing, or enduring value. Secondary Historical Value does not document the history of an organization, but recognizes a record containing information that is useful for conducting historical research.
State of Utah - Cite This Source - This Definition
- administrative value, archival value, commercial value, enduring value, evidential value, fiscal value, Information, informational value, Intrinsic value, legal value, long-term record, market value, monetary value, oral history, permanent record, permanent value, research value, shelf life, transitory record, Value