All > Science > Biotechnology and Genetics > Food Biotechnology
- A chromosome that is not involved in sex determination.
Susan Allender-Hagedorn and Charles Hagedorn - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Any of the chromosomes except the sex chromosomes.
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - Cite This Source - This Definition
- allosome, chromosome aberration, semi-sterility, sex linkage, Y-chromosome
- Any chromosome other than a sex chromosome. Humans have 22 pairs of autosomes. See also chromosome
National Human Genome Research Institute - Cite This Source - This Definition
- A chromosome not involved in sex determination. The diploid human genome consists of a total of 46 chromosomes: 22 pairs of autosomes, and 1 pair of sex chromosomes (the X and Y chromosomes). See also: sex chromosome
Human Genome Project - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Chromosome, Genome, human artificial chromosome (HAC), Micronuclei, Nucleus, sex chromosome, sex-linked, Y-chromosome