All > Science > Climate Change
- amount of solar radiation received on a given body or in a given area.
NCDC National Climatic Data Center - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Insolation 1) Exposure of an object to the Sun. 2) Intensity of incoming solar radiation incident on a unit horizontal surface at a specific level.
NSIDC - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Absorption of radiation, Heat balance of the Earth-atmosphere system, Mount Pinatubo, Photovoltaic and solar thermal energy, radiation, Solar energy, Solar Radiation, solar variability, ultraviolet radiation, Ultraviolet Radiation (UV)
- Incoming solar radiation. Solar heating; sunshine.
NOAA National Weather Service - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Active Region (AR), AP Index, Bartel\'s Rotation Number, Central Meridian Passage (CMP), Continuum Storm (CTM), Differential Rotation, Granulation, High-Speed Stream, Magnetopause, Plage Corridor, Plagenil, Solar Coordinates, Solar Cycle, Solar Maximum, Solar Minimum, Solar Sector Boundary (SSB), SPOTNIL, Syzygy