All > Science > Biotechnology and Genetics > Food Biotechnology
- A chromosome re-arrangement, which involves the re-orientation of a segment so that the order of a linear array of genes within it is reversed.
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - Cite This Source - This Definition
- chromosome jumping, duplication, hemizygous, hyperploid, hypoploid, J, jumping library, nucleolar organizer region, Translocation
- Inversion In meteorology, a departure from usual (normal) decrease or increase with altitude of the value of an atmospheric property; also, the layer through which this departure occurs (the inversion layer). This term almost always refers to a temperature inversion.
NSIDC - Cite This Source - This Definition
- anomaly, Average value, Climate, Climate variability, field, Grid, Meteorological element, Meteorology, parameter, Upper atmosphere, Weather, World Meteorological Organization program
- (abbrev. INVRN) Generally, a departure from the usual increase or decrease in an atmospheric property with altitude. Specifically it almost always refers to a temperature inversion, i.e., an increase in temperature with height, or to the layer within which such an increase occurs. An inversion is present in the lower part of a cap.
NOAA National Weather Service - Cite This Source - This Definition
- DEP, DPTR, INVRN