All > Science > Biotechnology and Genetics > Food Biotechnology
- The membrane-bound region of a eukaryotic cell that contains the chromosomes.
Susan Allender-Hagedorn and Charles Hagedorn - Cite This Source - This Definition
- A dense protoplasmic membrane-bound region of a eukaryotic cell that contains the chromosomes, separated from the cytoplasm by a membrane; present in all eukaryotic cells except mature sieve-tube elements and red blood cells.
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - Cite This Source - This Definition
- autolysis, Cell, cytoplasm, cytoplasmic organelles, cytosol, Eukaryote, lysosome, microbody, nucleo-cytoplasmic ratio, Organelle, sex factor, Signal transduction, syncytium
- The central cell structure that houses the chromosomes. See also chromosome
National Human Genome Research Institute - Cite This Source - This Definition
- The cellular organelle in eukaryotes that contains most of the genetic material.
Human Genome Project - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Autosome, Chromosome, Genome, human artificial chromosome (HAC), Micronuclei, sex chromosome, sex-linked, Y-chromosome
- A part of the cell, situated more or less in the middle of the cell, that is surrounded by a specialized membrane and contains the DNA of the cell. This DNA is packaged into structures called chromosomes, which is the genetic, inherited material of cells.
ISSCR - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Chromosomes, cytoplasm, DNA, DNA methylation, Enucleated, mitochondrial DNA, retinoic acid, ribonucleic acid (RNA), telomerase, Virus