All > Science > Climate Change
- Relative humidity The (dimensionless) ratio of the actual vapor pressure of the air to the saturation vapor pressure. The relative humidity is usually expressed in per cent, and can be computed from psychrometric data. See humidity.
NSIDC - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Absolute humidity, Air mass, Air pollutant, Dew point, Humidity, Psychrometric tables, Specific humidity, Unstable air
- The ratio of the amount of moisture in the air to the maximum amount of moisture the air could hold under the same conditions; usually expressed as a percentage.
Bureau of Reclamation - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Compaction curve (Proctor curve, moisture-density curve), Compaction test, Flow curve, Hydric, Moisture content (water content), Neutron probe, Optimum moisture content, or Optimum water content, Sticky limit, Water content, Water holding capacity, Zero air voids curve
- A dimensionless ratio, expressed in percent, of the amount of atmospheric moisture present relative to the amount that would be present if the air were saturated. Since the latter amount is dependent on temperature, relative humidity is a function of both moisture content and temperature. As such, relative humidity by itself does not directly indicate the actual amount of atmospheric moisture present. See dew point.
NOAA National Weather Service - Cite This Source - This Definition
- AMT, Humidity, Humidity Recovery, rh, Sublimation, Virtual Temperature