All > Technology > Storage
- a non-RAID disk array, where multiple disk drives are attached to an array bus, so that the host sees each drive as a separate volume.
Sysprog.Net - Cite This Source - This Definition
- As the name suggests, a group of disks housed in its own box; JBOD differs from RAID in not having any storage controller intelligence or data redundancy capabilities.
Microsoft - Cite This Source - This Definition
- An acronym for Just a Bunch of Disks, a term used for a storage enclosure which is supplied with preintegrated disk drives
HP - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Just a bunch of disks. Disk drives stacked together in a rack with a single attachment to a server or mainframe.
Byte and Switch - Cite This Source - This Definition
- A group of hard disks in a computer that are not set up as any type of RAID configuration.
Adaptec - Cite This Source - This Definition
- "Just a Bunch OF Disks", used to refer to hard disks that aren'tconfigured according to RAID.
Abtech Systems - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Just a Bunch Of Disks. An array of disks without any redundancy, that is, without RAID configuration.
NetApp - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Browse Related Terms: array, Basic Disk, COLD (Computer Output to Laser Disk), disk ID number, disk shelf, Dynamic Disk, HDA (Head/Disk Assembly), HDD (Hard Disk Drive), Head, heartbeat, Hot Swap, JBOD, mailbox disk, Optimized Disk Utilization, partition, SLED (Single Large Expensive Disk), SMART (Self Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology), volume