A program that performs a series of automated tasks according to a set schedule or at the request of a user. An agent consists of three components: the trigger (when it acts), the search (what documents it acts on), and the action (what it does).
A managed software component that performs a task in response to an application event. [Exchange 2007]
A program used in distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks that sends malicious traffic to hosts based on the instructions of a handler.
A process that gathers status and diagnostic information and forwards it to network management stations. Also known as "SNMP agent."
Also listed in:
- All > Business > Banking
- All > Business > Finance > Insurance > Auto Insurance
- All > Business > Finance > Insurance > Homeowners Insurance
- All > Business > Finance > Personal Finance
- All > Business > Finance > Personal Finance > Mortgage
- All > Healthcare > Health Insurance
- All > Law > Bankruptcy
- All > Travel > Visa