All > Technology > Defense
- Confirmation that the processes and outputs from a test resource parallel real world processes and are realistically sensitive to change in the environment, tactical situation, system design, tactics, and threat.
DoD Missile Defense Agency - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Abacus, ACTE, Big Crow, Deployment Testing, EVPA/TEVS, JETTA, Penetration Testing, PTE, Qualification Test, Security Testing, Software Test Environment, TESSE, TEVS
- The process of demonstrating that the system under consideration meets in all respects the specification of that system.
NIST - Cite This Source - This Definition
- ANSI (American National Standards Institute), Cryptographic Module Validation Program (CMVP), Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS), FIPS, INCITS (International Committee for Information Technology Standards), ISO (International Organization for Standardization), National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP), NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology)
- 1. Tests to determine whether an implemented system fulfills its requirements. 2. The checking of data for correctness or for compliance with applicable standards, rules, and conventions. 3. [The] process of applying specialized security test and evaluation procedures, tools, and equipment needed to establish acceptance for joint usage of an information system (IS) by one or more departments or agencies and their contractors. [INFOSEC-99] Note: This action will include, as necessary, final development, evaluation, and testing, preparatory to acceptance by senior security test and evaluation staff specialists. [NIS] 4. In universal personal telecommunications, the process of verifying that a user or terminal is authorized to access UPT services. 5. The checking of a representation of a system or part of a system for conformance with its requirements [CESG]. 6. The process of evaluating a ported application, software, or system to ensure compliance with requirements [POSIX.0].
ATIS - Cite This Source - This Definition
- commercial licensed evaluation facility, Deliverable, evaluation unit, Evaluator, evaluator actions, information technology security evaluation criteria (ITSEC), orange book, Penetration Testing, performance evaluation, prototype, target of evaluation