> Real Estate
- Performing the necessary duties of a mortgagee, such as collecting payments, releasing the lien upon payment in full, foreclosing if in default, and making sure the taxes are paid, insurance is in force, etc. Servicing may be done, for a fee, by the lender or by a company acting for the lender.
U.S. Census Bureau - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Browse Related Terms: HELP, Loan Servicer, Mortgage banker/Mortgage company, PITIO, Quality Control, Tax and insurance escrow, Taxes and Insurance
- Model Output Statistics - the Hydrometeorological Center (HPC) produces a short range (6 to 60 hours) MOS guidance package generated from the NGM, GFS, and ETA models for over 300 individual stations in the continental United States. These alphanumeric messages are made available at approximately 0400 and 1600 UTC for the 0000 and 1200 UTC forecast cycles, respectively. Model Output Statistics are a set of statistical equations that use model output to forecast the probability of precipitation, high and low temperature, cloud cover, and precipitation amount for many cities across the USA. The statistical equations were specifically tailored for each location, taking into account factors such as each location's climate.
NOAA National Weather Service - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Browse Related Terms: Fan, Flash Flood Guidance, FWC, MAV, MET, MEX, Model Output Statistics, Three-Hour Rainfall Rate
- In a video display, distortion sometimes seen around the edges of moving objects, and characterized by moving artifacts around edges and/or by blotchy noise patterns superimposed over the objects, resembling a mosquito flying around a person's head and shoulders.
ATIS - Cite This Source - This Definition
- Browse Related Terms: ambient noise level, atmospheric noise, background noise, carrier noise level, chroma noise, circuit noise level, galactic radio noise, idle-channel noise, intrinsic noise, Johnson noise, loop noise, noise factor, noise field, noise suppression, pink noise, presence noise, quantization noise, room noise level, speckle noise, spurious noise