Used for application of security rights. Three groups exist: Universal for entire forest, Global between domains, and Domain Local within a single domain.
A collection of users, computers, contacts, and other groups. Groups can be used as security or as email distribution collections. Distribution groups are used only for email. Security groups are used both to grant access to resources and as email distribution lists.
A directory Object that can be used to set security on resources provided by the operating system such as shares and printers.
- Browse Related Terms: access control, access control entry (ACE), access control list (ACL), access token, Firewall, group, Group memberships, Network Service account, Owner, Permissions, security context, security descriptor, Security Groups, security identifier (SID), Security principal, Security protocol, service account, user account
Also listed in:
- All > Law > Intellectual Property
- All > Technology > E-mail > Lotus Domino
- All > Technology > E-mail > Microsoft Email > Microsoft Exchange > Microsoft Exchange 2003
- All > Technology > Parallel Computing > Cloud Computing > Amazon Web Services > Amazon EC2
- All > Technology > Programming > Java
- All > Technology > Programming > Perl
- All > Technology > Storage