The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) requires that all publicly traded companies use Form 8-k to report anything that could have a significant effect on the financial position of the company or the value of its shares.
Events and changes that must be reported - in most cases within four days - include bankruptcy, mergers, acquisitions, amendments to the corporate charter or by-laws, a change of directors, a change in the fiscal year, and even a change of name or address of the company.
A company's Form 8-k becomes public information once it is filed, and you can find the report in the SEC's EDGAR database. These 8-k filings are designed to level the playing field between general investors and investors who have special access to information about a company.
- Browse Related Terms: 10-k, 8-k, Acquisition, Audit committee, Closely held, Conglomerate, Depositary bank, Diluted earnings per share, Insider trading, Merger, Privatization, Retained earnings, Reverse stock split, Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Spin-off, Stock split
802.11 is a group of specifications for wireless networks developed by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). 802.11 uses the Ethernet protocol and CSMA/CA (carrier sense multiple access with collision avoidance) for path sharing.
- Browse Related Terms: 3G (Third generation), 802.11, AMPS (Advanced Mobile Phone Service), CDMA (Code-Division Multiple Access), CDMA One, CDMA2000, CDPD (Cellular Digital Packet Data), EDGE (Enhanced Data GSM Environment), FDMA (Frequency-division multiple-access), i-mode, JavaSpaces, LAN (Local area network), OTA (Over The Air), PCS (Personal Communications Service), PDC (Personal Digital Cellular), TDMA (Time-division multiple access), UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecommunications Service), W-CDMA (Wideband Code-Division Multiple Access), WAE (Wireless Application Environment), WDP (Wireless Datagram Protocol)
A substance being studied in the treatment of certain adult and childhood blood cancers and other types of cancer. 852A may help the patient's immune system block tumor growth. It is a type of immune system modulator.
- Browse Related Terms: 852A, ABT-263, BI 2536, ispinesib, MK0752, Nipent, obatoclax mesylate, pentostatin, PT-100, RTA 744, SB-715992, SNX-5422, SNX-5422 mesylate, talabostat, talabostat mesylate, topoisomerase II inhibitor RTA 744, topoisomerase inhibitor
(... REH-tih-NOH-ik A-sid) A substance being studied in the prevention of cancer. It is a type of retinoid.
- Browse Related Terms: 9-cis retinoic acid, amrubicin, brostallicin, dehydroepiandrosterone, DHEA, doxercalciferol, iododoxorubicin, lentinan, observational study, oncology, RevM10 gene, selenium, silymarin, valganciclovir
A compound that contains the radioisotope yttrium Y 90 linked to the chemical biotin. Biotin is a molecule that binds strongly to the chemical streptavidin. 90Y-DOTA-biotin will find tumor cells in the body that have been targeted by an antibody linked to streptavidin and kill them. It is being studied together with CC49-streptavidin in the treatment of cancer. Also called yttrium Y 90 DOTA-biotin.
- Browse Related Terms: 2IT-BAD monoclonal antibody 170, 90Y-DOTA-biotin, capromab pendetide, CC49-streptavidin, indium In 111 DOTA monoclonal antibody HuAFP31, ProstaScint, ProstaScint scan, streptavidin, yttrium Y 90, yttrium Y 90 DOTA monoclonal antibody HuAFP31, yttrium Y 90 DOTA monoclonal antibody HuPAM4, yttrium Y 90 DOTA-biotin
The nation's biological communities, habitats, ecosystems, and processes, and the ecological services, uses, and values they provide to this and future generations.
- Browse Related Terms: [Marine] Natural Heritage, Cultural Heritage, Cultural patrimony, Cultural Resource, Cultural resource(s), Marine Sanctuary, Marine Spatial Planning, National Park Service (NPS), National Register of Historic Places, Nationwide Rivers Inventory (NRI), Special features, Traditional cultural property (TCP)
Abbreviation for adenine.
- Browse Related Terms: A, ACP, AI, ASA, BOD, Bt, C, CBD, ccc DNA, cM, cpDNA, EDV, F1, g, GDP, GLP, GRAS, GUS, Hup+, log phase, LPS, MAS, messenger RNA, monocot, mtDNA, NFT, OLA, OPU, ORF, PEG, PG, Phage, PHB, PPM, PR protein, PWP, RH, RIA, RIP, RNAase, RNase, RuBP, SC, SCA, SCE, SCP, simple sequence repeat, SNP, sperm, ssDNA, T, U, VSG
- Browse Related Terms: A, Burden, Caldera (crater), Deflagration, Detonator, Fuse, Millisecond delay (short period delay), Spacing
1. Abbrevation for hail in weather observations.
2. Symbol used on long-term climate outlooks issued by CPC to indicate areas that are likely to be above normal for the specified parameter (temperature, precipitation, etc.).
- Browse Related Terms: A, B, CL, Climate Diagnostics Bulletin, Climatological Outlook, Drought Assessments, ENSO Diagnostic Discussion, Hazards Assessment, OTLK, PWO, SWODY2
Arctic Air Mass
- Browse Related Terms: A AMS, C AMS, CAD, Cold Air Avalanche, Cold Air Dam, Cold Air Damming (CAD), cold front, Continental Air Mass, Effective Topography, Extratropical, front, K AMS, Marine Push, Maritime Air Mass, Maritime Polar Air Mass, Maritime Tropical Air Mass, Orographic Precipitation, Polar Front, Specific Humidity, Upslope Fog, Vortex, Warm front
- Browse Related Terms: A/BPI, API, Battle Space, BDS, BPI, BPI/E, BPL, Bus Deployment Phase, Ground-Based Radar (GBR), HIBEX, IBIS, Layered Defense, Leverage, Midcourse Guidance, PB/MT/D ATD, PBCRAW, PBI, PBP, POTS, Preferential Defense Strategy, Terminal Phase Interceptor
A brand name of a large trout-imitating, jointed topwater lure made of wood.
- Browse Related Terms: A.C. Plug, Bomber Long "A", Gamakatsu, Gizit, Hopkins spoons, KastMaster, Mepps spinners, Panther Martins, Pencil Poppers, Pop-R, Power Bait, Power Worms, Power Craw, Power Eggs, Power Grubs, Power Worms, Rapala, Rat-L-Trap, Rooster Tails, Shad Rap, Super Duper, Z-ray, Zara Puppy, Zara Spook, Zara Pooch
In a start-stop teletypewriter system, the significant condition of the signal element that immediately precedes a character signal or block signal and prepares the receiving equipment for the reception of the code elements.
- Browse Related Terms: A-condition, alphanumeric, arithmetic shift, asynchronous transmission, Baudot code, block character, code character, comma-free code, emoticon, end-of-selection character, equal-length code, FLAG, serial transmission, start-stop modulation, stroke, stroke edge, SYN, transliterate, WRU
From the date.
- Browse Related Terms: A datu, A maximis ad minima, Ab initio, Ad finem, Ad libitum (Abbr. ad lib), Ad rem, Ad valorem, Admortization, Adversus, Agenda, Alibi, Alii, Alter ego, Anno Domini (Abbr. A.D.), Ante, Causa proxima, Cestui, Contra pacem, Coup de grace, Cum, De novo, Eo ipso, Esse, ET, Et alii (Abbr. et al.), Et sequentia (Abbr. et seq.), ex officio, Ex post facto, Gravis, Hoc, Id est (Abbr. i.e.), Idem (Abbr. Id.), In actu, In esse, In extenso, In hoc, In initio, In limine, In medias res, In rem, In toto, Indigent, Infra, Inter alia, Ipse, Ipso facto, Merger, Non, Opere citato (Abbr. op. cit.), Per viam, Post, Post hoc, Pro confesso, Pro nunc, Quantum meruit, Quid pro quo, Res judicata, Sans recours, Secundum, Sequitur (Abbr. seq.), SINE, Sui generis, Supra, Totum, Ubi supra, Ultra, Vel, Vel non, Versus (Abbr. v. or vs.), Waiver, Water rights