To draw inference that because a certain conclusion of fact is true, then a second conclusion must also be true.
- Browse Related Terms: A fortiori, affidavit, Affirmation, certification, Non assumpsit, Notary Public, Oath, On a person's own recognizance, Personal recognizance, Promisee, Promisor, Warranty
A daily index of geomagnetic activity derived as the average of the eight 3-hourly a indices.
- Browse Related Terms: A Index, AVG, Climate, Composite, Maximum Sustained Surface Wind, mean, Mean Annual Temperature, Meteorology, Rogue Wave, Significant wave height, Smoothed Sunspot Number, Sustained Wind
A standard compression algorithm, used in digital communications systems of the European digital hierarchy, to optimize, i.e., modify, the dynamic range of an analog signal for digitizing. Note: The wide dynamic range of speech does not lend itself well to efficient linear digital encoding. A-law encoding effectively reduces the dynamic range of the signal, thereby increasing the coding efficiency and resulting in a signal-to-distortion ratio that is superior to that obtained by linear encoding for a given number of bits.
- Browse Related Terms: a-law algorithm, bit synchronization, mu-law (µ-law) algorithm, return-to-zero (RZ), signal element, SLIP, SONET, synchronization bit, synchronization code, synchronous optical network, synchronous transport signal level 1 (STS-1)
A credit rating where the FICO score is 660 or above. There have been no late mortgage payments within a 12-month period. This is the best credit rating to have when entering into a new loan.
- Browse Related Terms: "A" Loan or "A" Paper, "B" Loan or "B" Paper, "C" Loan or "C" Paper, Fixed Expenses, mortgage interest, Serious Delinquency, Sub-Prime Loan, Variable Expenses
From the greatest to the least.
- Browse Related Terms: A datu, A maximis ad minima, Ab initio, Ad finem, Ad libitum (Abbr. ad lib), Ad rem, Ad valorem, Admortization, Adversus, Agenda, Alibi, Alii, Alter ego, Anno Domini (Abbr. A.D.), Ante, Causa proxima, Cestui, Contra pacem, Coup de grace, Cum, De novo, Eo ipso, Esse, ET, Et alii (Abbr. et al.), Et sequentia (Abbr. et seq.), ex officio, Ex post facto, Gravis, Hoc, Id est (Abbr. i.e.), Idem (Abbr. Id.), In actu, In esse, In extenso, In hoc, In initio, In limine, In medias res, In rem, In toto, Indigent, Infra, Inter alia, Ipse, Ipso facto, Merger, Non, Opere citato (Abbr. op. cit.), Per viam, Post, Post hoc, Pro confesso, Pro nunc, Quantum meruit, Quid pro quo, Res judicata, Sans recours, Secundum, Sequitur (Abbr. seq.), SINE, Sui generis, Supra, Totum, Ubi supra, Ultra, Vel, Vel non, Versus (Abbr. v. or vs.), Waiver, Water rights
Acquisition and Technology.
- Browse Related Terms: A&T, AMTL, BTI, CTCC, CTI, DETEC, DTAP, DTST, EPITS, ESPRIT, FOT, HIT, HTI, IT, ITMSC, ITPB, ITR, ITS, ITSD, MANTECH, MCTL, MSTI, NHMT, OUSD (A&T), POCT, PTWG, RHETT II, RTIM, SCARLET, SLKT, SSRT, STINFO, STSC, TARA, TDSSPA, TI, TRPC, TSEU, TTD&D, USD(A&T)
contains transports (or tape drives) controlled by a tape controller and attached to a host. The drives seen by the host may be real (physical) or they may be virtual (logical) drives emulated within the control unit.
- Browse Related Terms: A Tape Subsystem, LCU (Library Control Unit), LMU (Library Management Unit), NCS (Nearline Control Solution), Optimized Disk Utilization, Storage Array, VSM (Virtual Storage Manager), VTCS (Virtual Tape Control System)
the device into which a magnetic tape cartridge can be inserted in order to be accessible by the read/write heads and eject mechanism.
- Browse Related Terms: A Transport, ACF (Automatic Cartridge Facility), ACS (Automated Cartridge Systems), American National Standards Institute (ANSI), ANSI, ATL (Automated Tape Library), Autoloader, CAP (Cartridge Access Port), CDS (Control Data Set), CST (Cartridge System Tape), CTS (Cartridge Tape Subsystem), ECAP (Enhanced Cartridge Access Port), ECCST (Enhanced Capacity Cartridge System Tape), HSC (Host Software Component), LSM (Library Storage Module), MVC (Multiple Volume Cartridge), PTP (Pass-Through-Port), SDLT / SuperDLT, Silo, tape library, tape media changer, tape stacker, VTS (Virtual Tape Servers or Systems)
A service that is found in Office Communications Server 2007 that enables voice media to be passed through devices that use Network Address Translation (NAT) or firewalls. [Exchange 2007]
- Browse Related Terms: A/V Authentication Service, ASR (Automatic Speech Recognition), Autodiscover service, device password, Direct Push, Exchange ActiveSync, heartbeat interval, IP gateway, remote device wipe, text-to-speech, TTS (Text-to-Speech), VoIP gateway, WebReady Document Viewing
A test that sums up how much glucose has been sticking to part of the hemoglobin during the past 34 months. Hemoglobin is a substance in the red blood cells that supplies oxygen to the cells of the body.
- Browse Related Terms: A1C, Angina, blood pressure, Cerebral Vascular Accident, Cerebrovascular Disease, EKG, high blood pressure, Hypertension, inject, Labored Breathing