- Browse Related Terms: Condensation Funnel, D, Debris Cloud, Dry Microburst, Dust Devil, Dust Plume, Dust Whirl, funnel cloud, Gunge, Landspout, Multiple Vortex Tornado, Obscuration, Obscuring Phenomena, ROTG, SUF, Tornado, Waterspout, Whirlwind
A substance being studied in the treatment of melanoma and many other types of cancer. D-1MT blocks the breakdown of the amino acid tryptophan, which is needed for T cells (a type of immune system cell) to kill tumor cells. Giving D-1MT to patients who have received chemotherapy for cancer may help kill more tumor cells. It is a type of enzyme inhibitor and immunosuppressant. Also called 1-methyl-d-tryptophan.
- Browse Related Terms: 1-methyl-d-tryptophan, Actinex, D-1MT, EM-1421, masoprocol, NDGA, nordihydroguaiaretic acid, Se-methyl-seleno-L-cysteine, tetra-O-methyl NDGA, tetra-O-methyl nordihydroguaiaretic acid
A synthetic luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LH-RH) antagonist that suppresses LH and sex steroid levels.
- Browse Related Terms: androgen ablation, androgen deprivation, androgen suppression, antiandrogen, antiandrogen therapy, Avodart, cyproterone acetate, D-20761, deslorelin, dutasteride, endothelin receptor antagonist, finasteride, GG745, ketoconazole, LH-RH agonist, luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone agonist, nilutamide, nonsteroidal aromatase inhibitor, rapid hormone cycling
A system of betting where you increase your bet by one unit after a loss and decrease your bet by one unit after a win.
- Browse Related Terms: Adrenotrend System, Cancellation Betting System, d'Alembert Betting System, Fibonacci Betting System, Grand Martingale, Grind System, Hot and Cold System, LaBouchere Betting System, Martingale Betting System, Martingale System, Negative Progression, Positive Progression, Press, Reverse, Reverse Martingale Betting System, Roulette strategy, Roulette system
A procedure to remove tissue from the cervical canal or the inner lining of the uterus. The cervix is dilated (made larger) and a curette (spoon-shaped instrument) is inserted into the uterus to remove tissue. Also called dilatation and curettage and dilation and curettage.
- Browse Related Terms: curettage, D&C, dilatation and curettage, dilation and curettage, suction aspiration, suction evacuation, vacuum aspiration
(...SY-kloh-SER-een) A drug used to treat tuberculosis. It is also being studied in the treatment of pain and nerve problems (numbness, tingling) caused by chemotherapy and in the treatment of low back pain, autism, certain anxiety disorders, and schizophrenia. D-cycloserine is a type of antibiotic. Also called Seromycin .
- Browse Related Terms: Adderall, amitriptyline, amitriptyline hydrochloride, D-cycloserine, dextroamphetamine-amphetamine, flecainide, Keppra, levetiracetam, Lyrica, pregabalin, Seromycin, valproic acid
Design and Development
- Browse Related Terms: AGARD, AID, B Spec, CDD, CED, Contract Work Breakdown Structure, D&D, DEV ENV, Engineering Development Model, Engineering Development Model Enhanced Target Delivery System (ETDS), EWDA, FFRDC, FSD, Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), IR&D, IRAD, Material Fielding Plan, Missile Defense National Team (MDNT), NCDD, NDD, NRaD, PDL, R&D, RDA, RDC, SDL, SDP, Support Software, TBD
Abbreviation for displacement loop. Formed when a short stretch of RNA is paired with one strand of DNA. This displaces the original partner DNA; also the displacement of a region of one strand of duplex DNA by a single-stranded invader in the reaction catalyzed by recA.
- Browse Related Terms: anneal, cot curve, Cross-hybridization, D loop, denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis, DNA hybridization, double-stranded DNA, fold-back, hairpin loop, heteroduplex analysis, Hybridization, inverted repeat, polymerase chain reaction, R-loops, renaturation, Renature, single-strand conformational polymorphism, Stringency
A statistical measure of how well a system can discriminate between a signal and a non-signal.
- Browse Related Terms: Accuracy, Crossover Error Rate (CER), D-Prime (D'), Degrees of Freedom, Detection Error Trade-off (DET) Curve, Equal Error Rate (EER), False Match Rate, False Non-Match Rate, Performance, Receiver Operating Characteristics (ROC), Verification Rate
Detection and Tracking.
- Browse Related Terms: Active Sensor, Bulk Filter, CRI, D&T, EDAC, FFD, Ground-Based Radar Terminal (GBRT), IFF, LIDAR, Line of Sight (LOS), Midcourse Space Experiment (MSX), Nadir, passive sensor, Semi-Active Sensor, Space Surveillance (SPASUR), Space-Based Sensor, Spacetrack, SPADATS, SPADTS, Target Acquisition, Tracking and Pointing, VIGILANTE
(1) Department of the Army. (2) Department of Administration. (3) Decision Analysis. (4) Developing Agency/Activity. (5) Data Administrator. (6) Direct Action. (7) Data Adapter.
- Browse Related Terms: BCA, DA, Emanations Security (EMSEC), FEA, Figure of Merit (FOM), IBPA, IRA, LOGFAC, MAA, NRLA, RPAC, SPAR, TASA, TOIA