Based on your income, you may qualify for a tax credit. You can apply the credit right away to reduce your monthly premiums, or take the credit on your annual tax return. Some small business employers may also qualify for a tax credit for offering health insurance to their employees through Maryland Health Connection.
- Browse Related Terms: Affordable coverage (as it relates to APTC), Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA), Employer Shared Responsibility Payment (ESRP), Full-Time Employee, Full-Time Equivalent, Minimum value, Multi-Employer Plan, Open Enrollment, Plan, Tax credit, Vision or Vision Coverage
Also listed in:
The taxpayer(s) and any individuals who are claimed as dependents on one federal income tax return. A tax household may include a spouse and/or dependents.
- Browse Related Terms: Annual Household Income, Modified adjusted gross income (MAGI), Pension (Retirement Benefit), Retirement Benefit (Pension), Social Security, Social Security Benefits, Social Security Survivors Benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Tax Household
An organization that processes insurance claims and/or handles certain aspects of employee benefit plans for another business.
- Browse Related Terms: COBRA, COBRA coverage, Employer Choice, Employee Choice, Employer Contribution, Employer or Union Retiree Plans, Flexible Benefits Plan, Fully Insured Job-based Plan, Group Health Plan, Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), Job-based Health Plan, Large Group Health Plan, Medicare Hospital Insurance Tax, Premium, Self-insured, Self-Insured Plan, Small Employer, Third Party Administrator (TPA), Wellness Programs, Worker's compensation
Also listed in:
Any payer of health care services other than you. This can be an insurance company, an HMO, a PPO, or the federal government.
Anyone who pays for health care other than you. Usually your insurance company. When an insurer contracts with an entity to pay on their behalf.
- Browse Related Terms: Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO) Plan, Health Maintenance Organization, Health Maintenance Organization (HMO), In-Network provider, Managed Care, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Advantage (Medicare Part C), Medicare Cost Plans, Medicare Select Plans, Out-of-network provider, Point of Service (POS) Plans, Point-of-Service Plan (POS), Preferred Provider Organization (PPO), Primary Care Physician (PCP), Referral, Third-Party Payer
The total amount you may have to pay for health plan coverage, which is estimated before you actually have the coverage and have health expenses under the coverage.
- Browse Related Terms: Actuarial Value, Benefit Level, Coordination of Benefits, Dental Coverage, Excluded Services, Hospital Outpatient Care, Major Medical Health Insurance, Net Capital Gains, Subsidy, Total Cost Estimate (for health coverage)
A health care program for active-duty and retired uniformed services members and their families.
- Browse Related Terms: Benefits, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Dependent Coverage, Disability, Domestic Partnership, Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic, and Treatment Services (EPSDT), Federal Poverty Level (FPL), fee, Health Coverage, Health Insurance Marketplace, Maryland Children’s Health Program (MCHP), Medicaid, Medicaid/Medical Assistance, Metal Level, State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP), State Medical Assistance Office, Subsidized Coverage, TRICARE
A TTY (teletypewriter) is a communication device used by people who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, or have severe speech impairment. People who don't have a TTY can communicate with a TTY user through a message relay center (MRC). An MRC has TTY operators available to send and interpret TTY messages.
- Browse Related Terms: Eligibility Assessment, Eligibility determination, Eligible Immigration Status, Federally Recognized Tribe, Grievance, Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS), Notice, State Insurance Department, TTY
Also listed in: