process of examining all the data about a homeowner's property and income documentation to determine whether the mortgage modification should be issued. The person who does this is called an underwriter.
- Browse Related Terms: Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Debt-to-income (DTI), Escrow, Escrow Account, Escrow Analysis, Forbearance, Home Affordable Unemployment Program (UP), Housing expense, Monthly Gross Income (MGI), Mortgage Payment, Mortgage Payment Guideline, Pricipal, interest, taxes, insurance and homeowners association dues (PITIA), Primary or Principal Residence, Repayment Plan, Servicer, Underwriting
Also listed in:
- All > Business > Finance
- All > Business > Finance > Insurance > Auto Insurance
- All > Business > Finance > Insurance > Homeowners Insurance
- All > Business > Finance > Insurance > Life Insurance
- All > Business > Finance > Personal Finance
- All > Business > Finance > Personal Finance > Consumer Credit
- All > Business > Real Estate
amount of a loan that is due to the lender. This does not include additional charges, such as interest.
- Browse Related Terms: Annual Percentage Rate (APR), application fee, appraisal fee, HUD-1 Uniform Settlement Statement, Loan origination fees, point, Points (also called discount points), Prepayment penalty/prepayment premium, Unpaid Principal Balance (UPB)