See: sex chromosome.
- Browse Related Terms: allosome, autosome, Barr body, embryo sexing, Hemizygous, semen sexing, sex linkage, x, X-chromosome, Y chromosome
- Browse Related Terms: autosome, Chromosomal deletion, Chromosome, cytogenetic map, cytogenetics, Deletion, fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH), Homologous recombination, Insertion, karyotype, Nucleolar organizing region, Nucleus, sex-linked, Spectral karyotype (SKY), X-chromosome, Y chromosome
A logging contract requirement to remove and pile unmerchantable woody material of a specified size. Usually required in timber sale contracts on publicly-owned land.
- Browse Related Terms: C unit (CCF), Chipper, Cull, Decibels (dBA), Hand pile, Merchantable, Mortality, Piling unmerchantable material (PUM), Scaled sale, Tree measurement sale, Yarding unmerchantable material (YUM)
The rotation of a horizontal axis wind turbine around its tower or vertical axis.
- Browse Related Terms: Axial Flow Turbine, Downwind Wind Turbine, Gin Pole, Guy Wire, Horizontal-Axis Wind Turbines, Hub Height, Induction Motor, One-Axis Tracking, Solar Two, Squirrel Cage Motor, Stall, Vertical-Axis Wind Turbine (VAWT), Windmill, Yaw
- Browse Related Terms: ABT, ABV, ACRS, AFT, AFTR, AGN, ALG, ALTHO, AMD, AOA, AOB, ARND, AVBL, BCM, BCMNG, BFR, BGN, BHND, BLO, BLV, BRF, BTR, BTWN, BYD, CFC, CHGS, CLR, DMSH, DURG, EBND, EFCT, ELSW, ENDG, ERLY, EXCLD, FASTST, FM, FTHR, GEN, GNRL, GRT, GRTST, GTR, HND, HV, HWVR, IMPT, INDC, LN, LRG, LTL, LTR, LTST, MDNGT, METRO, MISC, MISG, MNLY, MR, MSTLY, NBND, NEC, NIL, NLY, NMBR, NR, NWLY, NWRD, NWRN, NXT, OTR, OTRW, OVR, PCT, PRBLY, PSBL, PSBLY, QG, RIOGD, RTRD, RW, SBND, SEWD, SGFNT, SPCLY, SS-, Sun Dog, SVRL, SWWD, SXN, TDA, THRFTR, THRU, THRUT, TIL, TWD, WBND, WL, XCITED, YDA
A unicellular ascomycete fungus, commonly found as a contaminant in plant tissue culture.
(Abbreviation: YAC ). A vector which can be propagated in budding yeast (Saccharamyces pombe), consisting of the minimal elements required for a chromosome to replicate, and allowing for the cloning of large DNA fragments (hundreds of kilobase pairs ).
- Browse Related Terms: amplify, bacterial artificial chromosome, bacteriophage, Bacteriophage (phage or phage particle), bifunctional vector, cloning vehicle, forced cloning, gene cloning, integrating vector, lambda phage, library, mini-prep, phagemids, post-replication repair, targeting vector, yeast artificial chromosome
Extremely large segments of DNA from another species spliced into DNA of yeast. YACs are used to clone up to one million bases of foreign DNA into a host cell, where the DNA is propagated along with the yeast cell's other chromosomes. See also chromosome, cloning
- Browse Related Terms: bacterial artificial chromosome (BAC), bacteriophage, Cloning vector, cosmid, Embryonic stem (ES) cells, Insertional mutation, Microinjection, nuclear transfer, P1-derived artificial chromosome (PAC), Phage, Plasmid, Retroviral infection, Transfection, Vector, Virus, yeast artificial chromosome (YAC)
Snow given a golden or yellow appearance by the presence in it of pine, cypress pollen, or anthropogenic material or animal-produced material.
- Browse Related Terms: Ablation, Avalanche, Bowen Ratio, Bright Band, BS, Cryology, Diamond dust, Freshet, Graupel, Ground Blizzard Warning, Powder Snow, Quality of Snow, Radioisotope Snow Gage, s, Satellite Hydrology Program, SG, Small Hail, SN, Snow Density, Snow Stake, Snow Stick, Snow Water Equivalent, Snowboard, Snowflake, SWE, Weighing-Type Precipitation Gage, Yellow Snow
Also listed in:
Vital to the embryo for the formation of primordial and other cells that form the embryo. In mammals, it is small and devoid of a yolk.
- Browse Related Terms: Anterior visceral endoderm (AVE), Embryonic stem (ES) cells, embryonic stem cells, Neural crest, Notochord, Population doublings, Primitive streak, retinoic acid, Syncytiotrophoblast, Twinning, Yolk sac
- Refers to young (usually fish) produced in one reproductive year. Small fish, hatched from eggs spawned in the current year, are considered young-of-year (age 0).
- Browse Related Terms: AFRP, Alevin, Anadromous, Angler-day, Cold-water fishery, Fish weir, Forage fish, Hatchery, ichthyology, Juvenile, Nonconsumptive water uses, Rough fish, Salmonids, Spawn, Warm-water fishery, Wetlands, Wildlife Refuge, Young-of-year
interval of abrupt climate changes approximately 12,700-11,500 years ago. The name is derived from the Dryas plant, a cold-loving plant that pollen records indicate was widespread in Europe during this period.
- Browse Related Terms: Alberta Low, Barograph, chinook, Holocene epoch, Isohyet, Katabatic wind, Pleistocene epoch, Quaternary period, Thermograph, Younger Dryas