An individual's manner of walking. This behavioral characteristic is in the research and development stage of automation.
- Browse Related Terms: Behavioral Biometric Characteristic, Biological Biometric Characteristic, Biometrics, Face Recognition, Gait, Hand Geometry Recognition, Iris Recognition, Keystroke Dynamics, Palm Print Recognition, Signature Dynamics, Speaker Recognition
Also listed in:
An interconnected set of information resources under the same direct management control that shares common functionality. It normally includes hardware, software, information, data, applications, communications, and people.
- Browse Related Terms: Compensating Controls, Compensating Security Controls, Configuration Control, Controlled Interface, domain, Due Care, General Support System, Management Controls, Operational Controls, Protective Distribution System, Scoping Guidance, Security Control Baseline, System-specific Security Control, Technical Controls
A security system that provides several levels (e.g., low, moderate, high) of protection based on threats, risks, available technology, support services, time, human concerns, and economics.
- Browse Related Terms: Computer Security Incident, Graduated Security, Inappropriate Usage, Privacy Impact Assessment, Residual Risk, Risk Management, Risk Tolerance, Security Level, Sensitivity Levels
A mechanism limiting the exchange of information between information systems or subsystems.
- Browse Related Terms: Bastion Host, Boundary Protection, Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT), Firewall Control Proxy, Firewall Environment, Firewall Platform, Firewall Ruleset, Guard (System), IDS, Incident Response Plan, Intrusion Prevention Systems, IT Security Architecture, Media, Proxy Agent, security perimeter
A measure of the difficulty that an attacker has to guess the average password used in a system. In this document, entropy is stated in bits. When a password has n-bits of guessing entropy then an attacker has as much difficulty guessing the average password as in guessing an n-bit random quantity. The attacker is assumed to know the actual password frequency distribution.
- Browse Related Terms: Authentication Tag, Block Cipher Algorithm, Cryptographic Hash Function, Error Detection Code, Guessing Entropy, Hash Function, security attribute, Security Tag, Valid Data Element