- Browse Related Terms: AB, ABT, AIA, ASCC, ATO, ATODB, AV, Effluent Plume, Electromagnetic Emanations, G/A, HVAC, JAAT, MCAS, NAF, NAS, NATOPS, OAB, Probe, SA-N
Also listed in:
A call in which the call originator disconnects or cancels the call after a connection has been made, but before the call is established.
- Browse Related Terms: abandoned call, access barred signal, address message, audio response unit (ARU), automatic calling unit (ACU), backward signal, call associated signaling (CAS), call identifier, call tracing, call-failure signal, calling rate, camp-on-with-recall, controlled not-ready signal, five-hundred (500) service, forward signal, main station, nonblocking switch, outgoing access, seven-hundred (700) service, station message-detail recording (SMDR), ticketed call, videophone
Network replacement of a connect signal with an on-hook signal (network) prior to receiving a CI (customer installation) answer signal; abandonment is the only way to end an unanswered call attempt. [T1.405-1989]
- Browse Related Terms: abandonment, answer signal, call set-up error probability, call set-up failure probability, concrete signal, connect signal, emergency short-term, maximum disengagement time, partial-dial condition
Also listed in:
an SMS tool that backs up related data sets with identical backup attributes (such as type of storage medium, retention period, or destination) that have been pooled to meet a defined backup or recovery strategy.
- Browse Related Terms: ABARS (Aggregate group Backup And Recovery Support), Bandwidth Throttling, business continuity, Business Recovery Service, disaster, disaster recovery, disaster recovery services, disaster tolerant, disaster tolerant architecture, mission critical application, mission critical solution
An address that has fewer characters than the full address, usually for special communications and other services or for certain users. Note: Examples of abbreviated addresses are (a) a four-digit telephone number for a user calling another user connected to the same switching exchange, and (b) message addresses that have only the addressee name and station code or number. [After Weik '96]
- Browse Related Terms: abbreviated address, Access Gateway, cable modem, Client, prefix, remote-network element (R-NE), server, speed of service, virtual terminal (VT)
Calling that enables a user to employ an address having fewer characters than the full address when initiating a call. Note: Communications network users may be allowed to designate a given number of abbreviated address codes. The allocation of the abbreviated address codes to a destination or group of destinations may be changed as required, by means of a suitable procedure. [After Weik '96]
- Browse Related Terms: abbreviated address calling, advanced intelligent network (AIN), automatic calling, automatic route selection (ARS), bell (BEL) character, BIRRDS, Call Gap, call management, call-second, community of interest, maximum calling area, national number, national prefix, NDUB (network-determined user busy), perimeter network, Rate Center, slave station, Soft Dial Tone Numbers, telephone number
A telephone service feature that (a) permits the user to dial fewer digits to access a network than are required under the nominal numbering plan, and (b) is limited to a subscriber-selected set of frequently dialed numbers. Synonym speed dialing.
- Browse Related Terms: abbreviated dialing, adjunct service point (ASP), attendant conference, basic service element (BSE), call restriction, code restriction, common user, Flash, NC code, Nonconforming End Office, preset conference, remote access, restricted access, service access, traffic monitor
Airborne Battlefield Command and Control Center. (US C-130 aircraft) 2
- Browse Related Terms: ABCCC, ACCS, AES, ATCCS, B2C2, BDE, C2, C2E, C2I, C2P, C2S, C2SC, C2Sims, C2STN, C2V, C2W, CCE, CCIS, CRP, Emission Control (EMCON), GCCS, ICS, JINTACCS, LCCE, MACCK, NCCOSC, NCCS, NUICCS, OLC 2, RADIC System, SPADCCS, Special Data Commands, System Integration Test, WAM, WWMCCS
(1) Army Battlefield Command and Control Center. (US C-130 aircraft) (2) Airborne Communications Command and Control Platform (JFACC term)
- Browse Related Terms: ABCS, AD/C 3 I, AD/C3I, AF/SC, BM/C 3, BM/C 3 I, BM/C 4 I, C3, C3CM, C3I, C4, C4I, C4ID, C4IFTW, C4ISR, C4S, CCCI, Major Automated Information System Review Council (MAISRC)
A mechanical shock wave at the surface of an object exposed to intense pulsed electromagnetic radiation. A thin layer of the object's surface violently and rapidly boils off; the resulting vapor suddenly exerts pressure against the surface, generating a pressure wave at the surface. This shock wave then propagates through the material and can cause melting, vaporization, spallation , and structural failure of the object.
- Browse Related Terms: Ablative Shock, DCPG, HPG, RTG, TG
- Browse Related Terms: ABM, Anti-Ballistic Missile (ABM), Anti-Ballistic Missile System, ASBM, ATBM, BIM, BM, BMD, BMDA, BMDAC, BMDAE, BMDARC, BMDCC, BMDM, BMDP, BMEWS, BMT, Commander-in- Chief United States Space Command (USCINCSPACE), EADTB, FBM, FBMS, GBMD, ICBM, Integrated Tactical Warning and Attack Assessment (ITW/AA), Missile Defense Warning Condition, MOAB, PEO (TAD)-B, Red/Blue Exchange, RICBM, SBM, Sentinel, Storm, Strategic Defense System (SDS), TBM, TBMD, TBMDSE, Threat Scenario, United States Space Command (USSPACECOM)
Also listed in: