A type of Symmetrix grouping in which up to two Symmetrix frames may be configured on either side of a data replication link in a Metrocluster/SRDF configuration. M by N configurations include 1 by 2, 2 by 1, and 2 by 2.
- Browse Related Terms: BCV (Business Continuity Volume), consistency group, ESCON (Enterprise Storage Connect), gatekeeper, M by N, PowerPath, SRDF (Symmetrix Remote Data Facility), SymCLI
A patching facility designed for patching and monitoring digital data circuits at data signaling rates from 1 Mb/s (megabits per second) to 3 Mb/s.
- Browse Related Terms: coaxial patch bay, M-patch bay, MM patch bay, patch bay, patch panel, test center, visual display unit (VDU), voice frequency (VF) primary patch bay
Abbreviation for Motion Picture Experts Group. 2. In digital television signal recording or transmission, the designator that identifies a certain coding algorithm having several levels and profiles, the most sophisticated of which are used for HDTV (high-definition television) applications. Note: M-PEG-2 video coding has been developed for use with satellite TV applications, including the required decoders ("set-top boxes"). 3. The designator that identifies an international standard for compression of TV signals, which standard is used in conjunction with desktop computers for video presentations or clips. 4. Pertaining to files (with file-name extensions ".mpg" or ".mpeg") that are compressed using the MPEG standard. [Bahorsky] Also written MPEG.
- Browse Related Terms: archive file, archiving, AVI (.avi), backward recovery, cinepak, compound document, file, M-PEG, MP3, RIP, SMIL, split screen, tag image file format (TIFF), TIFF, watermark
Missile Assembly Building.
- Browse Related Terms: AAM, AIM, alarm, CASOM, Command Destruct Signal, Force Reliability, HMSC, HVM, Hypervelocity Missile (HVM), IOM, MAB, MMM, MRP, MTM, Peacekeeper, QRM, SMAT, TMMM
Also listed in:
(1) OBSOLETE. Military Airlift Command. See AMC. (2) Maintenance Allocation Chart.
- Browse Related Terms: Alternate National Military Command Center (ANMCC), ANMCC, CM(N)CC, JMC, MAC, NMCC, NMCS
An algorithm that allows a receiver to ensure that a block of data has retained its integrity from the time it was sent until the time it was received.
- Browse Related Terms: app compat, application compatibility, buffer, Cluster, failover cluster, MAC, Message Authentication Code, Node, server cluster, server farm, server pool, terminal server farm
The Media Access Control Address is the hardware address for a Network Interface Controller. In the context of virtualization MAC addresses must be generated for virtual network interfaces with each MAC on your local domain being unique.
- Browse Related Terms: Binding, blade server, Host-Only Networking, LUN (Logical Unit Number), MAC Addresses, NAS (network-attached storage), NAT (Network Address Translation), network virtualization, RDM (Raw Device Mapping), remote memory, SAN (Storage Area Network), virtual hard disk, virtual machine configuration, virtual network, Virtual Network Manager, VMNIC (Virtual Machine Network Interface Card), VSwitch (Virtual Switch)
An attribute of a subject or object which represents the sensitivity of the subject or object and is used for mandatory access control decisions. The contents of MAC labels are implementation defined [POSIX.6].
- Browse Related Terms: access period, access permission, access profile, Availability, Bell-La Padula security model, Confidentiality, MAC label, object reuse, read, reference monitor concept, reference monitoring, remanence, scanning spot, secure state, secure subsystem, Security Level, TCB subset [FC Ver 1.0 Dec 1992], Ticket, ticket-oriented, tranquility, write
Multi-Application Command and Control Kit (GD term for IVIS follow-on).
- Browse Related Terms: ABCCC, ACCS, AES, ATCCS, B2C2, BDE, C2, C2E, C2I, C2P, C2S, C2SC, C2Sims, C2STN, C2V, C2W, CCE, CCIS, CRP, Emission Control (EMCON), GCCS, ICS, JINTACCS, LCCE, MACCK, NCCOSC, NCCS, NUICCS, OLC 2, RADIC System, SPADCCS, Special Data Commands, System Integration Test, WAM, WWMCCS
Marine Corps Air Command and Control System.
- Browse Related Terms: AFC 2 S, AFC2S, AGCCS, Airspace Control in the Combat Zone, Airspace Control Plan, Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) Cell, Command and Control (C 2 ), FAAD C2I, MACCS, MTACCS, National Military Command Center (NMCC), Point Defense, TACCS, TACCSF, Tactical Air Operations Center, Tactical Area of Responsibility (TAOR), TAD C2, Weapons Control
Don't use software tools that purport to auto-generate doorway pages. These pages are usually devoid of meaningful content. Google, in particular, is working on ways to identify and exclude machine-generated doorway pages.
- Browse Related Terms: AdCenter, Analytics, API, Automated Bid Management Software, GAP (Google Advertising Professional), Google, Google Analytics, Google Keyword Tool, Google Pack, Google Trends, Googleware, Keyword Research Tools, Machine-generated, Overture Keyword Selector Tool, Portal Site, Supplemental Pages, Traffic Estimator, Wordtracker
In telecommunications, computer, and data processing systems, pertaining to operations, procedures, computer programs, and processing that do not depend upon specific hardware for their successful execution. [From Weik '89]
- Browse Related Terms: access type, assembly time, asynchronous operation, audit review file, background processing, base address, Batch Processing, Buffer Overflow, computer system, emulate, file privilege flag, machine-independent, malicious applets, multiprogramming, Object, overlay, Parallel Processing, process, restart, Run, simple buffering, Software Engineering, supervisory program, time-sharing