- Browse Related Terms: Condensation Funnel, D, Debris Cloud, Dry Microburst, Dust Devil, Dust Plume, Dust Whirl, funnel cloud, Gunge, Landspout, Multiple Vortex Tornado, Obscuration, Obscuring Phenomena, ROTG, SUF, Tornado, Waterspout, Whirlwind
Also listed in:
As the name indicates, this climatological product is issued daily by each National Weather Service office. Most of the climatological data in this report are presented in a tabular form; however, some narrative statements may also be used in the product. The report is organized so that similar items are grouped together (i.e., temperature, precipitation, wind, sunrise and sunset times, etc.).
- Browse Related Terms: Air Stagnation Advisory, Brisk Wind Advisory, Daily Climatological Report, Excessive Heat Watch, FAWS, Hazardous Weather Outlook, Heavy Surf Advisory, Monthly Climatological Report, Record Event Report, Severe Local Storm Watch, Significant Weather Outlook, Special Avalanche Warning
Dry Adiabatic Lapse Rate
- Browse Related Terms: Absolutely Stable Air, Absolutely Unstable Air, Adiabatic Lapse Rate, AFRED, CCL, Conditionally Unstable Air, Convective Condensation Level, DALR, Dry Adiabatic Lapse Rate, LCL, Lifting Condensation Level, MALR, Moist Adiabat, Moist Adiabatic Lapse Rate, Neutral Stability
In hydrologic terms, any artificial barrier which impounds or diverts water. The dam is generally hydrologically significant if it is:
1. 25 feet or more in height from the natural bed of the stream and has a storage of at least 15 acre-feet.
2. Or has an impounding capacity of 50 acre-feet or more and is at least six feet above the natural bed of the stream.
Also listed in:
In solar-terrestrial terms, dark gaseous ejections visible in H-alpha.
- Browse Related Terms: Active Surge Region (ASR), Bright Surge on the Disk (BSD), Bright Surge on the Limb (BSL), Chromosphere, Coronal Hole, Coronal Transients, Dark Surge on Disk (DSD), F Corona, Facula, Granulation, K Corona, Prominence
A faint, negatively charged channel that travels more or less directly and continuously from cloud to ground.
- Browse Related Terms: CA, CC, CG, Dart Leader, Dry Thunderstorm, Flash Multiplicity, Heat Lightning, In-Cloud Lightning, Lightning, Lightning Channel, LTNG, St. Elmo's Fire, Staccato Lightning, Thunderstorm
In the context of hydrologic observations, a location on a river/stream for which observed data is input to RFC or WFO hydrologic forecast procedures, or included in public hydroÂlogic products. Flood forecasts and warnings are not issued for data points (see /forecast point/).
- Browse Related Terms: CIO, Data Point, Forecast Issuance Stage, National Flood Summary, National Hurricane Operations Plan, NHOP, PMO, River Flood Warning, River Forecast, RVF, SOO, Special Tropical Disturbance Statement, Tropical Cyclone Position Estimate
Same as Civil Dawn; the time of morning at which the sun is 6 degrees below the horizon. At this time, there is enough light for objects to be distiguishable and that outdoor activities can commence.
- Browse Related Terms: Astronomical Dawn, Astronomical Dusk, Civil Dawn, Civil Dusk, Dawn, Dusk, EVE, Horizon, LGT, MRNG, Nautical Dawn, Nautical Dusk, Sunrise, Sunset
Duration of the period from sunrise to sunset.
- Browse Related Terms: Bartel's Rotation Number, Colorado Low, Day Length, Excessive Heat Warning, Forecast valid for, Growing Degree Day, Heat Wave, Humidity Recovery, Indian Summer, January Thaw, Night, recurrence, Temperature Recovery, Tropical Cyclone Plan of the Day, Twilight, UNSBL
Nondimensional "unit" of radar reflectivity which represents a logarithmic power ratio (in decibels, or dB) with respect to radar reflectivity factor, Z.
- Browse Related Terms: Coherent Radar, dBZ, Echo, Ground Clutter, Minimum Discernible Signal, Monostatic Radar, Polarization Radar, Power, Pulse Radar, radar cross section, Range Normalization, Range Unfolding, Reflectivity Factor, Servo Loop, Sphere Calibration, Sun Pointing, transmitter, Z\/R Relationship
(Data Collection Platform) In hydrologic terms, an electronic device that connects to a river or rainfall gage that records data from the gage and at pre-determined times transmits that data through a satellite to a remote computer.
- Browse Related Terms: Automated Event Reporting Gage, base station, CMPLT, Crest Gage, DCP, E-19, Report on River Gage Station, E-19a, Abridged Report on River Gage Sta, Float Recording Precipitation gage, Flood Stage, Keetch-Byrum Drought Index, RNFL, RSG, Tipping-Bucket Rain Gage
Also listed in:
Data Distribution System.
- Browse Related Terms: ADAPTATION (ADAPTABLE) PARAMETER, ADAS, ATDTDCS, AVHRR, AWIPS, CADAS, CCITT, DDS, GIS, long-term retention, real time, sampling frequency, Snotel
Also listed in: